First of all i would like to state that i have never been late paying a UTILITIE BILL not once.And i have never had a problem with the CITY OF DALLAS WATER UTILITIES OFFICE until recently.On yesterday i recieved my water bill which was the 26th of APRIL.Their were (2) Charge's placed on my account that i needed to inquire about.So i telephoned the CITY OF DALLAS WATER UTILITIES OFFICE.I spoke to a customer service rep.By the name of DELORES.I explained to DELORES that their were (2) CHARGE'S on my account and I needed to know what they were for.One was for $2.58 and The other charge was for $1.95.I gave DELORES my account number and She asked my name and The last (4) Digit's of my social security number in which i gave her.My i remind you that i mailed my WATER UTILITIE bill on APRIL 4TH,2012 AND The bill was not due until APRIL 9TH,2012.Also the CITY OF DALLAS OFFICE'S were not closed for GOOD FRIDAY so my question is where was my payment from say APRIL 5TH.2012 UNTIL APRIL 11TH,2012?I alway's mail a check for my bill's on the same day of each month And since the mail is only going down town and Has never been late before,Why?Is the CITY OF DALLAS TRYING TO CHARGE ME A LATE FEE,When either the USPS OFFICE did not deliver the mail or THE CITY OF DALLAS WATER UTILITIES OFFICE IS LAID DOWN ON THEIR JOB'S.Any way i asked DELORES what the charge's were for.And she stated the $2.58 was for a late fee.AND the $1.95 fee was because the charge for SANITATION PICKUP HAD INCREASED.Number one i informed DELORES that my payment should never have been late because i have no control over when the USPS OFFICE deliver's the mail and Secondly i informed DELORES that all CITY OF DALLAS OFFICE'S honor the postal service date that is stamped on the mail by the postal office.At this time DELORES attitude changed. DELORES stated that the water department would give me a one time credit on my water bill like i was the one in the wrong.WTF.I am not the one at fault.Either the USPS DID NOT DELIVER THE MAIL OR THE CITY OF DALLAS IS AT FAULT for not processing the mail in a timely manner.My second question was the charge of $1.95.Now i remember when the water bill was increased and To adjust the cost of the increase the CITY OF DALLAS decreased the monthly charge for SANITATION PICKUP.So i asked DELORES what the extra $1.95 was for and Delores stated that the SANITATION fee had increased again.I asked DELORES how can the CITY OF DALLAS increase THE SANITATION PICKUP FEE WHEN THE SANITATION PICKUP FEE was suppose to be decreased when they raised the water bill.Delores got upset and Stated the SANITATION PICKUP FEE increased and LIKE CASE CLOSED.I'M LIKE WTF.First of all what i want to no is if the water bill increased in which it did?And the SANITATION PICKUP FEE DECREASED HOW?Is the CITY OF DALLAS going to take it on their own to increase the SANITATION PICKUP FEE ON THEIR OWN?Their has to be something that can be done about this matter.And i plan on writing the UTILITIES COMMISSION to find out.HOW?The CITY OF DALLAS is increasing their UTILITIE BILL'S IN AREA'S WHERE THEIR IS SUPPOSE TO BE AN DECREASE.This is not fair to the citizen's of DALLAS COUNTY.DELORES WHEN A CUSTOMER TELEPHONE'S THE CITY OF DALLAS. IT IS YOUR SWORN DUTY,TO BE POLITE AND ASSIST THE ACCOUNT HOLDER.YOU DO NOT KNOW WHO THE CALLER IS.

I AM AWARE THAT YOU PROBABLY DO NOT CARE.BUT THEIR ARE A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE OUT THEIR WHO NEED'S A JOB.AND YOU CAN BE REPLACED.I am an RETIRED CITY OF DALLAS EMPLOYEE NOT THAT MATTER'S EITHER.BUT YOU NEED TO HONOR THE CITY OF DALLAS LOGO(WE CAN DO IT BETTER TOGETHER).

Comments

Wow! THE "CITY OF DALLAS" charged my debit card $154 on April 26th, two days after I made a $155 payment (on April 24th). I stumbled across this last night and am furious! IT'S BEEN SUCH AN ORDEAL TO HAVE WATER VIA CITY OF DALLAS--- AFTER THE PROCESS OF SETTING UP WATER SERVICE IN MY NAME FOR THE DUPLEX I WOULD BE RENTING, I DISCOVERED THAT THE ACCOUNT NUMBER LINKED TO MY NAME WAS CONNECTED TO MY NEIGHBOR'S ADDRESS (the other half of the duplex/building). THE CITY DALLAS OF DALLAS TOLD MY LANDLORD, "NOPE. NO ONE HAS SET UP AN ACCOUNT OR SWITCHED THE ACCOUNT TO THEIR NAME," when she called after receiving a bill from them a month into my lease. UGHHH. Couldnt catch the fact that the neighbors hadn't called to disconnect service, or that there were 2 active accounts being held accountable for water usage at the same address. Although the customer service rep I spoke to at one was in fact helpful- involving a supervisor to "fix" the issue- they are still screwing me! I DIDN'T AUTHORIZE A $154 PAYMENT, AND DON'T OWE SQUAT! PAID THE DEPOSIT (no history with them=deposit) + BILL ON TIME. AND THEN A HUGE DEDUCTION LIKE THAT OUT MY CHECKING ACCOUNT WITHOUT ANY NOTICE, REASON, OR COMMUNICATION?? THE AMOUNT I PAID AN THE AMOUNT THEY DEDUCTED ILLEGALLY AREN'T EVEN THE SAME AMOUNTS- SO IT CAN'T BE A SYSTEM ERROR.

Sure, I have money for bills and get by, but I CANNOT AFFORD UNAUTHORIZED DEDUCTIONS OF THIS AMOUNT TO BE DEDUCTED FROM MY ACCOUNT---ESPECIALLY WHEN I MOVE MY MONEY AROUND BETWEEN ACCOUNTS @ DIFF BANKS, AND THEN AN UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE FOR $155+ CAUSES MY OVERDRAFT PROTECTION TO KICK IN.

CITY OF DALLAS, ARE YOU GOING TO PAY THE HIGHER INTEREST RATE ON MY CREDIT CARD THAT PROVIDED THE FUNDS FOR OVERDRAFT PROTECTION IN MY CHECKING ACCOUNT????